Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Life is a Movie...


(The name of the picture: Tea house drawings)

15 August 2006

Today, I received an e-mail from a fellow who had visited the blog created. This motivated me to write couple of words for my memory and for good visitors from Blogger.com; Moreover, I had to tell the remaining story about our police...

Very quickly, we were in a rush this afternoon. For the first time in 14 years of my driving record I had been stopped by a police officer who told me that I had run a RED light and that I must pay the fee to the government some 40 Somoni. (Somoni is a Tajik national currency); directly to him!

I asked if 5 Somoni would do for the first time as I had left my wallet at home. He smiled and gave back my licence and registration that he had confiscated earlier. Immagine bribing a police officer with less then US$ 2 in the States or Europe...

I came to a conclusion today! Why pay the government when you can pay the employee and get the job done! I must tell you that, recently we have been blessed by repairing of the roads in here... so we are looking forward in paying more road taxes.

On the subject of "bribing", I can offcourse for my memory write the good officers tag number which I noted down while leaving, but he probably has 6 kids to feed so I will pass on this time. However, I will agree fully that I should not have done what I did. It's just a bad example....

I think a person who would create a webpage for counting number of bribes people pay every day to get their jobs done, he/she would make a quick million. I must stop here. If I continue, then you would very quickly become a billionair as well.

A note for my self and others: Until next time, please take care of yourself and your family...END